Summertime soirées call for gracious hosts and PUNCH.
@HellaBitter and @WestElm are teaming up to present another awesome @Skillshare: The Punch Edition is a friendly approach to making large format cocktails at home. Sign up now for an evening of spirited education. Bit.ly/HellaPunch
Join the Skillshare! http://bit.ly/HellaPunch
Mon, May 20th, 2013 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm EDT
RIGHT ON TIME PUNCH
16 oz (1 pint) Darjeeling Tea
6 oz Aged or Gold Rum
3 oz Cynar (If you can’t find Cynar you can use Averna or Ramazzotti instead. Don’t hesitate to ask at your favorite liquor store!)
1.5 oz Simple Syrup
1.5 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
5 Dashes Hella Bitter Aromatic Bitters
1. Brew the tea: Black tea doesn’t need to seep more than 7 minutes! Feel free to make this enough ahead of time.
2. Make the simple syrup: The basic simple recipe is 1:1 sugar to water. Bring to simmer on your stovetop and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
3. Combine all ingredients, adding bitters to taste. The fun thing about using bitters here is that it’s an amazing way to add a level of depth and complexity that most punches don’t have.
4. Garnish pitcher or bowl with 6 – 8 lemon wheels, and serve with ice.
‘@HellaBitter In The Kitchen:
Bitters & Gin Salmon — Compliments of our friends @ Kickshaw Cookery
• 24-hour @HellaBitter Aromatic and @HendricksGin cure
• Lemon zest
• Pink peppercorns
“The Aromatic worked really well in this dish. We imagine the Citrus would be just as nice.” ~ Kickshaw Cookery
Need a bottle: www.hellabitters.com
#food #drink #cocktails #salmon #condiment #bitters #knowbitter #hellabitter
@Workhorserye ‘s Typical Sour is anything but. Duck egg whites with a hat of @HellaBitter & red wine. (at hush hush)
A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.
Hella Bitter’s Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote w/Whipped Cream
* Makes 3 1/2 Cups
- 4 cups 1/2-inch-thick rhubarb slices (about 1 generous pound)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 16-ounce package frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Hella BItter Aromatic
- Combine rhubarb, sugar and water in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring just to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook just until rhubarb is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; mix in berries, Hella Bitter Aromatic. Chill until cold.
- 1 cup Heavy or Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon or 4 dashes Hella Bitter Aromatic
- Combine Sugar and Cream. When mixture begins to thicken add bitters.
- Continue whipping until desired thickness. We like soft peaks.
- Use as a topping on any dessert fit for whipped cream.
Carrots, Chives, Celery. Aromatics, all. #knowbitter
The Old Fashioned is Your Elder. Show some RESPECT!!!
We uptown! Come hang out, taste out, ball out. #knowbitter (at Williams-Sonoma)